Tuesday, December 17, 2013

68

Dad would have been 68 today and as usual, he's been on my mind.  Over the past few months, I've spent quite a bit of time sorting through all of our family photos as Mom tries to sell her house.  And when I say ALL of the photos, I literally mean hundreds of thousands of photos that Dad took over the years-- often getting doubles of most pictures. I took on the task of divvying up the photos amongst us and had a few general observations:
1.) The man really loved Buster.  I cannot even express how many pictures and sometimes complete rolls of film were devoted to our sweet and smelly Buster.
2.) He really thought we were sport superstars and documented all our sporting events.  The photos are evidence that we in fact were not.
3.) He really loved his family and took pride in each one of us. From sports to academics to dances to marriages, he was there for all of it and happily documenting it all.
4.) I have always loved pictures, but this experience just reiterated that photos are important ways to track a family's history (and therefore I now can easily justify the hundreds of thousands of pictures I've already taken of my children and know exactly who I got it from.)

I love and miss you every day Dad. Happy birthday.
Love,
Megabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter