Wednesday, December 17, 2014

69

Today would have been my dad's 69th birthday. Lately I have been thinking about being young parents with little kids and thinking about my parents being in the same shoes Sam and I are in now. Was their house as messy and crazy as ours often feels? Did they often exchange glances between them as Michael, Caitlin and I said or did funny things? Were they as tired and under slept as we feel? Yet it's reassuring to know it's a short time in life and I am reminding myself to enjoy the chaos and crazy.  I know my dad would have found my three littles to be completely entertaining and hysterical. He would have especially loved Graham's sense of humor and I like to think he particularly looks out over my boys. Happy birthday Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter