Sunday, August 30, 2015

A New View

This is the view up through Liv's tree in our backyard.
On this first kindergarten eve as my oldest is on the verge of starting full-day school, I am more nervous than she is. Olivia is excited, eager to learn and make new friends, thrilled to take spanish/art/music, and filled with her usual joy. Sam has reminded me to not transfer my anxiety and nerves to her. I know she will do great and it makes me feel like we are doing something right that she is totally ready for this new experience.  Just in the last week or two, she's taught herself to tie shoelaces and memorized our address/phone number. I can't wait to see all she learns and how her sweet mind expands. She is my daily reminder to always see the light, even through the trees or when it's not always easy. Her joy for life is contagious and I am happy to share her with her new kindergarten world. I just hope she won't be tired at the end of the day to tell me all about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter