Monday, March 8, 2010

Getting Ready for Baby...

As soon as we found out that we were having a baby girl, my head starting spinning with ideas for the nursery. Would Sam be able to handle his old office now having pink walls? He would have to deal. With the advice of my favorite interior designer, I decided to go with a pink, brown and gray color scheme.

In December (against Sam's wishes), I got to painting the nursery a lovely shade of "April Pink," which was fitting considering her due date is April 3rd. Then I hand painted four different size circles in a darker shade of pink, gray and brown on the main accent wall. Five long hours and one backache later, it turned out great!



The day the crib arrived, I strong armed Sam into immediately putting it together just so I could look at it. It's very helpful to have a handy husband in times like this!

And then once Grandma Pat and Grandpa Jim gave us the bedding for the crib as a Christmas present, that too had to immediately be put together!



Next on my to-do list, picking out the perfect glider and ottoman. After many test glides, I decided on a brown fabric and then headed to the Mart with Judi to pick fabrics for throw pillows, an over-arm book holder and fabric to cover the french doors leading into the nursery. So much fun! I already have ideas for my boy nursery one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter