Monday, January 23, 2012

Twice the Love

As we anxiously await the arrival of our little guy (in the next few hours, days, week??), there has been lots of time to reflect on the changes that are coming.  We're going from a family of three to a family of four.  Single stroller to double stroller.  One car seat to two car seats.  And I'm going from being a mommy of one to a mommy of two.  While that means twice the diapers, twice the meals, twice the early rising...it also means twice the love from two little people who get to be my world.  The best part is that on a daily basis, I get the privilege of expanding their worlds and creating the most loving environment that I can.

Although we can't pinpoint exactly when the baby will arrive, we do know he will be here by the 31st when I have an induction scheduled.  So the end is in sight.  For now, I will just keep daydreaming about what he looks like, how big he is, how he will arrive, and how he is going to immediately change our lives for the better.  And while I cannot wait to meet my little man, I really am looking forward to my sweet Olivia meeting her baby brother who hopefully will be her bud for life.  (No worries, it will be a well documented meeting :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to until your little man arrives! He is already so lucky and loved - Olivia will be a great teacher, playmate and forever friend. Good luck!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful! I can't wait to see pics of the new arrival when he gets here. He doesn't even know how lucky he is:)

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter