Thursday, April 25, 2013

Adventures of the Big Girl Bed


Liv has her new big girl bed, dresser and big girl freedom in her room.  Now if only we could get her to stay in there when we put her to bed. The list of excuses go something like this:
  • My belly is still hungry.
  • I forgot to clean up my toys.
  • Grahamie is keeping me up (he's always already sound asleep).
  • My belly is sick.
  • I have to go pee/poop. My diaper is wet.
  • There are monsters in my room.
  • I need my _____ (teddy bear, headband, lovies, etc)
  • It's not dark enough yet.
  • I slept good!  (This one she declares as if it's morning, even though she has yet to sleep at all)
  • I need water.
  • Water makes my belly sick.
  • I hear something.  
  • I not tired yet.
Here is a preview of what we experience on a nightly basis as she creeps upstairs and lingers outside our bedroom for a minute or two before declaring her excuse for not being in bed. Note: we don't put her to bed wearing a flower headband, but she inevitably accessories herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter