Sunday, July 23, 2017

Three!

I can't quite believe that my baby bear Quinn is already turning three! Where has the time gone?!  This boy keeps me on my toes with his sweet & sour, naughty & nice, hot & cold, adorable & stubborn personality. He is definitely his own person and marches to the beat of his own drum. Whether it's wearing his Cubs shirts on repeat, rocking swim googles on his head, or eating more strawberry cereal bars than one should in a day, Quinn knows what he wants and demands it. We fondly refer to him as our "boss baby."
I mean look at those cheeks...they are beyond squeezable. No matter the nonsense requests or occasional tantrums, Quinn is just adorable and really a generally sweet little guy. I am number one in his book and he's definitely a mama's boy, generally only letting me put him to bed or tend to his many needs. Q is a smart cookie, knowing all his colors/shapes/counting and is even able to identify numbers up to ten when he sees them which I find pretty impressive.  He "reads" his favorite book to me each night (Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See) and has it memorized word by word.  Q will still have speech this school year to work on his "g/k" sounds.  His therapist has always been amazed at how complex his sentence structures are and how much he has to say, and because he talks so much and so fast that's why it's hard for people to understand. Now that he is turning three (and school starts in six weeks!), I have to force him to potty train, despite his lack of interest and motivation. (August is going to be a stinky month for me I am sure.)  But I know he can do it (fingers crossed!!!)!
Sam and I were talking about how we baby him and need to really let him be a "big kid" now. So with this birthday comes more independence for our baby bear (but we are still keeping him trapped in his crib a little longer-- we can't handle too much independence at once, or lack of sleep). I know he will thrive and grow in Ms Bell's class at FUNS this year.  Considering he has a late summer birthday, it can feel like he's so much younger than other kids in his grade, but that's just life so we need to help him keep up and lead the way, despite being young.
The best part of Quinn is that he cracks us all up.  (Picture above is Quinn singing from the movie Sing, "Oh my god, look at my butt," during our family photo shoot.)  He makes every day an adventure for the whole family.  We love you Quinnie!
Happy 3rd Birthday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter