Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Creature of Habit

There is no better way to currently describe Quinn than as a creature of habit.  His day to day can often feel like groundhogs day as we do the same routine, from what he requests to wear to the songs and words he speaks.
This is Quinn's uniform.  He would call is "My new red Rizzo cubs shirt and my new basketball shorts." He requests to wear it EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.  I currently have agreed to an every other day rotation so that I can at least wash it. But his classmates and their parents have definitely noticed the repetition.  I'm letting Quinn be Quinn on this one. I've got bigger fish to fry than caring about what he wears.
When it comes to bedtime, we have to read Trucks every night as he slowly flips open the flaps.  Then it's Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, followed by Old MacDonald.  But even Old MacDonald has it's own specific order they we have to go through (red lion, red cow, red pig, red chicken, red duckie). Then we finish it up with You Are My Sunshine.  He still insists on wearing a sleepsac, which is comical considering how large he is. Then as I get ready to leave the room he tells me to wait until he's all set, then says, "Okay I am ready.  Goodnight Mom. I love you."   It's very sweet, but a little repetitive.  But it's Quinn's world and we're all just living in it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter