Monday, July 23, 2018

Q is Four!

I cannot quite believe that my baby is turning four years old.  SLOW.DOWN.TIME! While I am guilty of treating him like a baby, it's quite clear that this little guy is growing up, and all with a mind and spirit of his own.  Quinn is the perfect combination of hot/cold, salty/sweet, and crazy/calm. I am pretty sure he's on this planet to keep me on my toes and to challenge my parenting abilities.  And I wouldn't have it any other way.
Quinn is the perfect youngest child.  Olivia is nurturing and sweet to him, while Graham is his favorite "bro" and playmate.  He keeps up with all the packs of older kids.  He's a champ attending sport games through every season, and eagerly awaits his turn to be on teams as well.  And with all the practice he is getting with his brother and friends, he will be pretty good once it's his chance.  He loves to play baseball, basketball, soccer, and family --- generally all while wearing one of his favorite bandanas.   And obviously his love of the Cubs and Rizzo remains strong.  As a special birthday outing, we are all going to a Cubs game on his actual birthday.
 Quinn will be in Pre-K4 at FUNS this year and I am eager to see his growth.  He currently loves to write the letter "Q," but has no interest going any father with writing the rest of his name. He likes to color and scribble pictures, but not into actually drawing yet. He's an eager learner and truly loves FUNS, so I think he will have a great year ahead in Mrs. Gittings and Mrs. Ebert's class. (And luckily this year also means my last on the FUNS Board.)
 Just in the past two weeks, he's made giant leaps by saying goodbye to his crib and his beloved sleep sac and getting into his big boy bed.  This has also come with the freedom of getting out of his room, which has currently eliminated his nap much to my sadness.  (Fingers still crossed it might still happen a few days a week once school starts!)  But I am going to remind myself to soak up my Mondays and afternoons with Q this coming fall considering it's his last before heading to full-day school. I am looking forward to some fun Mama/Q adventures.
As he routinely says each night after a big hug and kiss, "Good night. Sweet dreams. I love you Mama."  And now that happens sometimes a handful of times between needing water, the potty, etc -- but I cherish it each night. My wild-child is also my sweet baby.
Happy 4th Birthday Quinn Michael! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter