Monday, April 2, 2012

A Letter to My Livie

Dear Olivia Maeve-

On the eve of your second birthday, I am feeling especially lucky that I get to be your mama.  You bring such a bright light to our lives each and every day.  You are the sweetest little girl who always has a smile on her face.  Literally even strangers frequently make comments like "Is she always that happy?"  And the answer is truthfully yes.  You are friendly to everyone from the grocery store clerk to people walking by our house to doggies and shout "Hi Hi Hi" to them all.

Your sweetness is at an all time high when every night you motion to tell Dad and I "love love" and blow us kisses goodnight.  You melt my heart each night as I blow you kisses right back.  As I predicted, you have been an amazing big sister thus for to Graham (or Baby G as you fondly call him).  You have the cutest manners these days with many "pleases" and "thank yous."  We are working on saying "sorry" because currently when you do something wrong you say "thank you" instead.

Your language skills are developing day by day and I am working to decode and speak "Livie." It's amazing to watch you learn and start to speak sentences.  I am pretty confident there are going to be many entertaining comments from your little mouth in the years to come.  But even when you don't have the words yet, you are excellent at letting us know exactly what you want.  We think you are a little genius :)

The last two years of your life have been the happiest years of my life. I have loved watching your grow each day and having a front row seat.  There is no place I would rather be and I feel blessed to be able to spend my days with you.  I can't wait to see what this next year holds for you.  I love you with every ounce of myself.  Happy 2nd birthday baby girl!  Love love.

Love Always,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter