Thursday, April 9, 2015

34


Although this isn't a significant age birthday for me, it feels like the start of a new chapter. My motto for this year is to be settled.  To settle into our new house, to settle into our routine as a family of five, and to settle into the amazing life we're lucky enough to have. So much of the past two years felt uncertain with our housing situation and chaotic with the searching, showings and stress that came along with it. To have that in the past is such a relief and burden off our shoulders. We're loving the new house, even with its creaky floors and weak water pressure :) It's the start of an adventure that Sam and I are happy to be on together and can work to make it the house of our dreams where our three wonderful kids can grow and create a lifetime of memories. My hope is to allow myself to have more fun with the kids because I know life can feel crazy now, but they will be big in no time and I will look back and miss these times.  So less time cleaning, worrying and reprimanding-- more time playing and being actively engaged with them.  I think 34 is going to be great and I am anxious to see what it has in store! Happy birthday to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter