Sunday, December 26, 2010

Worst Tree, Best Christmas

We officially had the worst Christmas tree in history this year. After the first day when it didn't take a sip of water, I knew we were in trouble. If you walked within two feet of the tree, needles would just plummet to the ground. I tried to convince Sam that we needed to buy a new tree a few weeks ago, but he refused and started counting down the days until we could take the tree down.

So today I took off the ornaments and lights and this was the sad, sad result...


Despite the awful tree, I would say this was one of my favorite Christmas holidays. Something about babies makes the season all that more special and being able to celebrate with our little Olivia was priceless. Plus, Sam and I both did a phenomenal job gifting this year. I gave him an iPad, which he's been playing with like a kid since he opened it. And he sweetly suprised me with a trip to Napa this April to celebrate our 30th birthdays. He rented an amazing house with its own pool, overlooking a vineyard and Mt. Saint Helena. Plus we're going with some of our best friends, Caitlin and Dave Pearson! I am counting down the days to the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter